Dimercaprol: Dimercaprol [British anti- Lewisite (BAL)] is efficient antidote in heavy metal poisoning (70). BAL and their analogues meso-2, 3-dimercaptosuccinic acid DMSA and 2, 3-dimercapto-1-propanesulfonic acid DMPS are used as antidote course of therapy for heavy metal poisoning.
New DMSA analogues: DMSA mono and diesters are more effective and safe antidotes for heavy metal poisoning compared to DMSA alone (79). Among these monoesters, monoisoamyl DMSA (MiADMSA), a C5 branched alkyl monoester (fig 3) was shown to be effective for lead, cadmium, mercury and gallium arsenide overdose (80). MiADMSA is a water- soluble, lipophilic chelating agent. It can enter intracellularly and access to different endogenous ligands. Consequently MiADMSA is more preferred than its parent compound (80).
Oral activated charcoal avidly adsorbs acetaminophen. This gastrointestinal (GI) decontaminant can afford significant treatment benefit if administered to the patient within 1 hour post ingestion, or later if the ingestion involves an agent that delays gastric emptying or slows GI motility. N-acetylcysteine (NAC), or acetylcysteine, is an extremely effective antidote for acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity due to an acute overdose, especially if administered within 8-10 hours after ingestion.  See Treatment and Medication.
The antidote for acetaminophen poisoning, NAC, is theorized to work through a number of protective mechanisms. Since NAC is a precursor of glutathione, it increases the concentration of glutathione available for the conjugation of NAPQI. NAC also enhances sulfate conjugation of unmetabolized APAP, functions as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, and has positive inotropic effects.
When in doubt, if you suspect your dog has ingested ethylene glycol, immediate veterinary attention is imperative as the prognosis is very poor once clinical signs have developed. Again, because the antidote (fomepizole) is only effective if given within 8-12 hours in dogs, it is imperative that you see a veterinarian immediately. When in doubt, you or your veterinarian can contact Pet Poison Helpline (800-213-6680) 24/7 for life-saving assistance in managing a poisoned patient.
This is a major concern to EPA because paraquat is a Restricted Use Pesticide that should not be accessible to the general public and, as with all pesticides, should never be placed into a beverage container. Paraquat is highly toxic to humans; one small accidental sip can be fatal and there is no antidote.
Our first aid recommendation for pepper spray removal is to start with applying whole milk to the affected area. You can apply it to the effected area via a spray bottle, splash it directly on your skin, saturate a clean towel and lay it over the effected area or submerse the effected area. The milk should help take the burn away. However, this will not remove the oils in the pepper spray. For getting the oils off we recommend using the below antidote. 2b1af7f3a8